Despite the article in the Observer today I would like to stress that BIG Lottery have still not made their decision on whether to convert the in-principle grant into a full award - we are in on-going communications with them and have no reason to anticipate that the bid will be rejected.
We are aware of the impact that the delays have on the current tenant, however we are not in a position to be able to speed up the funders' decision making processes.
It is unfortunate that the Observer continues to perpetuate misinformation about the project.
When we get the decision we will announce it, whether it is favourable or not. If you have any questions about progress please direct them to me at Hastings Trust on 01424 446373 or email@example.com