Thursday, January 17, 2008

Council Restructure

As my former life was Regeneration Programme Manager at Hastings Borough Council I am sure that you will all appreciate that the Council restructure is close to my heart. Notwithstanding the fact that my former colleagues are effected, the importance for the wider community should not be underestimated. Now is the time that we need to be formulating a considered a response to the Chief Executive. The deadline for responses has been extended to 23rd January and I can provide further details about the proposals. Community partnerships, neighbourhood renewal (including the wardens), economic development and regeneration are all effected by the restructure. If you want to work with me to put together a response please give me a ring or drop me an e-mail.

Arts in Hastings
In relation to provision for arts and cultural development, there is to be a special meeting on 22nd January at 7.00pm at Hastings Arts Forum, 36 Marina, St Leonards on Sea, where Penny Precious, HBC's Cultural Development Officer, will be giving a presentation on the impact of the proposed restructure on the arts in Hastings. If you want to find out more and have a view to give, I strongly encourage you to come along and join us at the meeting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've also put the council restructuring documents on our website Mel. So if people wanted to download them they are on the front page of

http://www.hastingsvoluntaryaction.org/

Cheers